The monthly Sunday cycle rides programme, Cycle Rides for All, is back for 2017.
Cycle Rides for All is launching on Sunday 26 March with a three and a half mile Lichfield taster ride setting off from Beacon Park.
This event signals the start of free monthly cycle rides that take place towards the end of the month, from March to September.
Each month the group cycles to a new destination, including Fisherwick Lakes, Weeford and Packington Moor Farm, Chasewater, the National Memorial Arboretum and Fradley Junction.
The rides are graded from level 1, which are suitable for beginners, to level 4, which are for more experienced cyclists.
Councillor Andy Smith, Lichfield District Council’s Cabinet Member for Leisure & Parks, said: “It’s great to see the new season on cycle rides start up again. We hope plenty of people will join in and enjoy the first in a series of seven rides.
“All the bikes receive a quick safety check by Freedom Cycles before setting off, to make sure they are roadworthy. We also recommend that safety helmets are worn and that you bring a packed lunch and drink, although there is a café stop on most rides.”
Anyone who wants to join the Lichfield taster ride should turn up with their bikes at Beacon Park in Lichfield on Sunday 26 March at 11am. This ride is graded level 1, which means it is suitable for all including beginners. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
To find out more, or to check whether a ride is taking place if the weather is uncertain, please call Freedom Cycles on 01543 411633 or Karl Sproston at Lichfield District Council on 01543 308846.
Cycle Rides for All is run in partnership by Lichfield District Council, Freedom Cycles and Lichfield ReCycle.
Programme of rides in 2017
• 26 March, Lichfield taster ride, meet at Beacon Park at 11am, 3.5 miles, level 1
• 23 April, Fisherwick Lakes, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 8.5 miles, level 2
• 21 May, Tour de Lichfield, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 9 miles, level 2/3
• 25 June, Weeford and Packington Moor, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 23 miles, level 4
• 30 July, Chasewater taster ride, meet at Burntwood Leisure Centre at 11am, 6 miles, level 2
• 20 August, National Memorial Arboretum, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 15 miles, level 3
• 17 September, Fradley Junction, meet at Freedom Cycles at 10am, 12 miles, level 2